ThaiGameDevX - Thai Game Developers eXchange Forums
21 November 2017, 06:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: หากมาครั้งแรก เชิญอ่าน ประกาศเจตนารมณ์ของ ThaiGameDevX และ กติกา ข้อตกลงในการใช้เว็บบอร์ด ครับ

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone Game Development  (Read 13994 times)
NOTE
Approved Member

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +8/-0

« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2009, 08:35:36 AM »

Anyone know where could I found download count info for applications in AppStore?
Mo.Zeal

« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2009, 07:32:43 PM »

Hi,

There's no direct download of AppStore stats. However, some developers posted there statistic online.

Moz.
Mo.Zeal

« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2009, 07:43:22 PM »

Here's the example of the article

http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1413551.html

Moz
NOTE
Approved Member

« Reply #33 on: 16 March 2009, 07:13:39 PM »

Thank you. Smiley
Kelvin
« Reply #34 on: 05 April 2009, 03:46:33 AM »

AppStore is a mass market by itself - no publisher needed in this market. Your apps are in the same level of the Big Guy's apps.

SimCity got into the 1sr rank in US in 4 days.
And it was kick off by 'NO NAME' games called iShoot in 4 days as well.

iShoot is one-developer games - the coder quit from Sun Microsystem when he sell this apps for 1 week. The sell of this apps is about 13,000+ copy per day.

Sound interesting?

Moz

Hi Moz.  I am working with a friend from the UK and our company is based in Hong Kong.  Like you, we are very excited about the iPhone games market.  Just like to add some figures that we have found:
- Sega's Super Monkey Ball sold 300,000 copies at US$9.99 in 20 days
- Trism (solo developer puzzle game) sold 71,571 copies at US$4.99 in 2 months.

We have 6 games in development and actively looking for collaboration, co-development, co-investment, etc.

Agree that the playing field is FAIR and small players like us can WIN.

Mo.Zeal

« Reply #35 on: 05 April 2009, 06:07:16 AM »

Hi Kelvin,

Talk with you in mail.

Thanks
Moz
« Last Edit: 07 April 2009, 09:13:42 AM by Mo.Zeal » Logged
Kay

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +0/-0

« Reply #36 on: 18 June 2009, 12:33:44 AM »

I guess it's been a while since this thread has been active. However, for those interested, here is how my company is doing.

- With the app we did, which was a promotional app, we have since secured 3 more deals from the same company, 2 of which are promotional apps, and 1 which is a game.
- We are not making loads of money (since it's a promotional app), but we did earn enough to continue on.

There seems to be no slowing down with the iPhone industry, with the iPhone 3G S released or soon to be depending on your country, so that is a good sign for those who have went into iPhone game development. Even better news of course, is that, specificially for the 3G S, we can push it further. Apps are still being churned out at an alarming rate, and the games are looking, feeling and playing better.

However, the downside is, more and more developers are getting onto the bandwagon, established, indie and totally unheard of. This is UNLIKE the online genre, or any other genre. Simply put, there is still a barrier to entry for all other platforms. A programmer can't just go "I want to make an online game" and do it by himself, within a reasonable period of time. (I know there is one MMO/Online game made by a lone developer with the above-mentioned ideals; I respect him as much as I think he's a mad hoot.)

So for those who had a head start, better get your creativity on, the competition is steadily increasing and the standard as well as the expectations for a good iPhone game is constantly raising as well!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: