ThaiGameDevX - Thai Game Developers eXchange Forums
27 September 2017, 12:08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: หากมาครั้งแรก เชิญอ่าน ประกาศเจตนารมณ์ของ ThaiGameDevX และ กติกา ข้อตกลงในการใช้เว็บบอร์ด ครับ

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome! foreigners  (Read 4816 times)
Cray
Global Moderator

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +10/-0

« on: 19 May 2008, 11:13:39 AM »

From now on, This community will open for game developers from everywhere in the world.
Everyone who want to exchange your knowledge and experience in this board please submit it in English only.

Anyway, please pay respect to the agreement. Please read http://forums.thaigamedevx.com/index.php?topic=18.msg162#msg162

Thankful,

TGDX's Staff

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways." - Michael Jackson (Man in the mirror)
gabkosit
Approved Member

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +7/-0

« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2008, 11:02:51 AM »

I think it is a good start I hope we will have some more foreigner memebers.
I talk to architect friends about trying to use UE3 to do architectural presentation they show a lot of interest in being able to show customers with realtime walk through manner rather than show them static rendering image. Below is a sample set I did for them to get an idea what quality they can expected from UE3 .

« Last Edit: 04 June 2008, 11:15:43 AM by gabkosit » Logged
นายตาหวาน (Mr.Tawan)
Global Moderator

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +61/-36

« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2008, 11:52:47 AM »

Off-topic:
Speaking of architecture stuff with 3d graphic, there is a story long time ago about the university I graduated from (Assumption University). It's more than 10 years ago (long time before I was AU student Tongue), the president of the university decided to build the new campus at Bangna (it's called Suwannabhumi Campus now). The university had order the SGI workstations (Octane and Oxygen, I believe) to make a 3D presentation that can be walked through (I don't know if it was possible, but this is what I'm told).

Right now that kind of workstation is not needed for this kind of application, I think. Thanks to the advance 3D technology today.

BTW, AFAIK, these machines does not have software license right now. (And they are not comparable with PC today). They become silicon junk inside the faculty office Tongue.

PS. There is also a rumor that if the president of the university is not satisfied with building, he will command to destroy the whole building and build the new one there. ... This is where my tuition fee was spent Tongue.
PS. A.Chang (Pisal) might know better than me, since he's been at AU for some time before I studied. He was also an instructor there (also teached me Tongue).

Are you feeling fine?
眠れない夜には君の幻が...
She said, "Loving you made me happy everyday"
gabkosit
Approved Member

« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2008, 01:11:02 PM »

Technology comes and goes very fast. Take UE3 for example about a year ago not many people have chance to work on it (only the game developers) but after Epic released UT2007 it becomes available for public any one who buy that game has access to that technology.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2008, 01:14:43 PM by gabkosit » Logged
gabkosit
Approved Member

« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2008, 07:30:30 AM »

I have done an architectureal demo  map from UE3. Feel free to download contents from this link
http://www.kositdemo.com/Downloads.html. This will give some ideas how I create environment in the game.
yod
Global Moderator

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +150/-15

« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

Good work. I didn't have UE3. How can I view map in real-time ? Do you know a free UE3 viewer ?

gabkosit
Approved Member

« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2008, 08:46:23 AM »

All you need to do is buy UT2007 it comes with UE3. There are two versions of Ut2007; a regular version and a collector version. The collector version comes with dvd tutorial how to create mod with UE3.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2008, 08:51:23 AM by gabkosit » Logged
Plus Pingya
Approved Member

จำนวน ชม/ไม่พอใจ: +12/-0

Plus Pingya

« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2008, 10:44:11 PM »

wow! sounds fun

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: